Thursday, August 2, 2007

August

Everyone is talking about what they will be doing for the coming school year...I feel like such a slacker !
I want to enjoy the summer...not get ready for school.
We will be visiting the spraygrounds, the beach, the park and hanging around the yard splashing
in our little pool. I would like to bring Princess down the shore to the boardwalk and to the reopening of the Liberty Science Center.
I want to visit the Museum of Natural History in New York !
I know that I need to get my act together and reorganize our school supplies and clean out
every closet and every room (and don't even look down into our basement right now!) in this house.
I just don't want to do any of that. I think I'll go play doll house with Princess!
Here is a random posting of a recent exhausted Princess on her parents bed.....

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I tend to get a bit lethargic at this time of year, rather than energized for a new year like everyone else. I hope you get to visit the Liberty Science Center and the Museum of Natural History too- what fun! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Jenny, I hope yours is great too!

Anonymous said...

I agree--August is supposed to be lazy. I'll start looking at curriculum again the last week of August...seriously! :>) If you want company at AMNH, I have been meaning to go...drop me a line...we could meet up there. :>)

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .