Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chinese food and undivided attention


That is how we got through our Wednesday around here.
At about 2:30 in the afternoon, Princess decided she would like some Chinese food,
she had nothing to eat all day (since her toast came back up at 6 am),and would only drink water.
I ordered the food just in time for the "lunch" prices (which pleased me very much!)
and within a half hour it was at our door.She ate a little, and was fine. Clearly the illness had passed.
We played the Memory Game and checkers and tic tac toe.
Farmer Dad came home and we ate the rest of the Chinese food for dinner.
I passed on going to the Moms Night Out that was scheduled for our play group's Moms.
I miss hanging out with these ladies without our children, but I was too tired, and I
would have just been worried that she would "get sick" again, and unable to relax and enjoy myself.
Princess spent some time with Dad, and some with me, and we watched some
Blue Planet ,which we have been enjoying, and made up some card games of our own.
My sister called to let me know that her boyfriend and his family were all safe after the huge
earthquake in Peru.
Our thoughts are with those who were not so lucky. I was very happy she had called when 15 minutes later we
heard a blurb on the news and Princess asked if that was where her Luis was.
Have I mentioned how much she loves Luis? I told her he had called her Aunt and was safe
and she said "he should come home now that Peru is broken"...indeed. Come home Luis!
We miss you.
She finally went to bed a little after 11:00pm. Way earlier than I expected.
This morning, she woke up at 7:30, feeling fine and ready to go.
I'm feeling tired, but hopefully my coffee will kick in soon.
We were going to go see the" Lizard Guys" at our local library today, but
I think we will pass just in case she has any germs to pass around.
They come there a couple of times a year, so we'll see them next time.
Instead we will tackle some tomatoes and play around the house.
This morning I noticed Harold and the Purple Crayon was going to be on HBO,
so we put that on and Princess watched while drawing on some long white sheets of paper
with a purple crayon. Then we re read the story. This is truly one of her favorite stories
of all time (so far).She never gets to see it on tv , we always see it's going to be on and miss it,
so she was very excited.I was happy to have time for my coffee to brew. ;-)
Here is a picture of Luis and Princess playing soccer on Memorial Day, long after the sun had set.

13 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

When my ten year old was 2 Ijoined the moms club. I loved the night outs. Anyway some of us formed a two year old playgroup. After about a year some people dropped out but four of us kept going. Now eight years later our families are very close. Our husbands are friends and they go fishing and stuff together. Every year the four of us with our families all go camping. We're in and out of each others homes or on the phone with each other almost daily. Joining moms club was a positive thing for me and I hope you get the same type of friendships out of it. Its been amazing.

Gottfredsen said...

Glad to hear that she is feeling so much better. I am glad that her uncle is safe and hope that he comes home to you guys soon.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting Mrs. D, I have made a few friends who
I think will "go the distance" for me as well. Time will tell of course,
but so far ,so good.

H- Thanks, we hope he's home soon too!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

I am sad to hear P was sick. It looks like she is feeling better. Your bread looks delicious.

Delete said...

I love the idea of drawing with a purple crayon while watching Harold :)

Jenny said...

I'm glad that Princess is feeling better- how funny that she asked for Chinese food first...my kind of girl!

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Yas!

Hi Jenny- P loves doing "Harold"
drawings. I have taped long pieces of paper to the wall and the floor and today it was the coffee table, and I give her a purple crayon and we read the story. Today she followed the story on tv...it was a fun twist.
I usually use paper that has come as
"packing" material, I just smooth it out.

Anonymous said...

Glad Princess is feeling well and that your friend is safe. Chinese delivered to your door sounds wonderful.

Sorry about the Mom's Night Out. I wish I had more IRL friends to hang with.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Oh, so glad to hear your family is okay.

It sounds like a neat exercise you did with Princess. I hope she is back to her complete self soon.

Cher Mere said...

I happy to hear that Princess is feeling better and that Luis and his family are safe.

Me said...

Sorry to comment so late, but I am glad as well to hear her Luis is safe!! We have been watching the coverage about the earthquake, so sad.
Hope P continues to feel better, and I wish we were closer for a moms night out together!

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Nina- As Brit said "if only we lived closer"!

M and Cher-Thank you,we are happy too and await his return!
P is back to her old self...good and bad ;-)

Brit- Thanks and I wish we were closer too!

C's Learning Treasures said...

I'm glad she's better too:)

So sad what happened in Peru, but I'm glad your family is okay.

I used to really like watching Harold and the Purple Crayon videos:)

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .