Sunday, August 19, 2007

Some Sundays.....

you just want to lie in bed, and this was one of them.
We did not.
Farmer Dad drove us over to the Lowes
home improvement store and we picked up some bags of mulch and
a couple of light bulbs for our new ceiling fan for in our 3 season porch.We also looked at some perrenials we would like to add to our yard when they go on sale.
We then stopped off at a little discount store for a coloring book and a candy bar
that Princess wanted to buy with her own money.I also picked up a scrapbook for the coming "school year"
(.99)and this really cool pad of WRITE ON CLING SHEETS (2.00) they are easel sheets 27"x 32 1/4"
that cling to the wall without tape. They are made by Avery and I'm looking forward to using them
this year.Then we stopped off at Chilis for lunch. We do not often go out to eat, so Princess was giddy with glee over this treat.
Her only complaint was that I stayed with them, and she would have preferred having Farmer Dad
to herself. Next time I promised her.
Once home, we learned my sister had returned from picking up her eldest daughter,so we headed over to visit her.
Princess stayed for dinner with my Grandmother, my sister, two of her daughters,and the one daughter's boyfriend.And Chulo, the dog who just turned 1 year old Yesterday.
Then I left Princess with them and headed home until they called that she was ready to be picked up.
She loves hanging out with her cousins!
We watched some Animal Planet until the Giants pre season game started.....now she is playing
while I watch the game.

6 comments:

C's Learning Treasures said...

What a nice day! We love Chilis too:)

Gottfredsen said...

Were you Freezy there like gabe was LOL. sounds like a good Day. My Dh wanted to watch that game to.

Anonymous said...

I think next time you should give Princess her wish...and send her with Farmer Dad on the errands while you stay in bed! Glad you had a nice day.

Garden State Kate said...

Hi C - P is infatuated with Chilis for some reason...there mac n cheese is "cheesier",lol.

H- yes it was freezy here too,lol

A- LOL, I'm not sure he would take her there alone...it can take a while to get your food, and she usually has to go potty while we're there. ;-)

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Now that is how I want to spend my whole weekend. I would have been as excited as P was for Chillis.

Garden State Kate said...

Yas- come on out...anytime!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .