Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Time with Dad


Princess and I had a pretty nice day of reading and coloring on Tuesday.We made another loaf of
"yellow squash bread" and then
we ran over to Target for a couple of things and noticed while we were there that they now sell those Kumon books so many of us have been chatting about lately.We didn't get one, I have some B&N gift certificates to use for books, so we'll wait. After a short visit with our gas and electric meter reader, we had lunch and Princess played with her small animal collection (we found a Bison on clearance at Target)and her Jenga blocks.
The afternoon passed by pleasantly and then my friend dropped her son off on her way to work for an hour or two until his Dad got home from his job.Princess hasn't seen him in a while, and they played nicely while watching Robots on dvd. The kids were disappointed at how quickly his Dad arrived, so the two Dads took them out back to run around and play on the swings for a while. I took the chance to run to the library and back to Target with my sister to pick up the correct size shorts for Farmer Dad while they were still on sale.What kind of man still wears the same size pants at 41 that he did in High School? It's not natural, people think I don't feed him!
Naturally , I forgot to bring the wrong size back, so that will wait for another day.
I arrived home to find everyone gone. Farmer Dad and Princess went home with our friends to swim in their pool and eat dinner. I was on my own. Now, you are all probably thinking I got a lot of things accomplished. Finished cleaning out closets, laundry, weeding. I did nothing. OK, I read a few blogs, answered a few e-mails, had a quiet dinner with nothing but a library book to keep me company. I even listened to music of my own choosing!
They came home in high spirits and we all snuggled down in the living room together.
Princess went to sleep at a reasonable hour and woke me up at a quarter to 5 this morning with a "my tummy hurts". Not ten minutes later she was throwing up. Not much came up, but it continued every time she had some water or toast until she fell back asleep at 8:15 or so. Poor little thing. Fortunately, Eloise was on cable, so that kept her spirits up a bit. I'm hoping she will feel better when she wakes up.
For now, all plans are put on hold until we know she's all well.

8 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

I hope that she feels better really soon.

Me said...

Glad you got some time on your own, but sorry to hear poor P is sick! Hope she gets better today.

Mrs. Darling said...

So sorry shes sick. Theres nothing like a sick child to keep a mommy from her work! :)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Oh, how awful for Princess! I hope she is better soon.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks for all the well wishes!
Princess just got up and says she feels all better after her 3 hour nap,lol.

Anonymous said...

Television really is the only thing for vomit type of sickness. TV gets your mind off of feeling sick.

Your evening sounds divine. Books, music, quiet, oh that sounds nice.

Jenny said...

I'm so glad to hear that Princess is feeling better- I hope it was a short-lived bug. Nina is right- there's really nothing better than TV to take your mind off an upset stomach.

Cher Mere said...

Squash bread sound interesting.

I am happy for you that you had some free time to yourself.

Poor Princess. It is so hard when our babies are sick. I am hoping she feels better soon!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .