Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Why not read a book?



I asked Princess what she wanted to do today. Her answer was "why not read a book".
I love this kid! She brought me a stack, yes, a stack of books and then went back to her library basket and brought me some more. "Let's start with these.." she said.
Big-Alfie-Out-Doors-Storybook
and Up and Up
Chatting
and Giving
Out and About
all by Shirley Hughes
North-Country-Spring-by Reeve-Lindbergh
Do-Princesses-Wear-Hiking-Boots
by Carmela LaVigna Coyle
The Painters Cat by Sharon Wooding

I'm not going to list all the books, but you get the drift.
It was a cozy day. We are waiting for the rain to come
some time this afternoon.
One of Princess's friends just stopped in to have her sign his new cast.
He broke his arm playing t-ball this past weekend.
Hopefully the rain will end before Saturday morning so we can all
go to the Ag Fest at our local college. We look forward to bringing
Princess all year. Farmer Dad's Organic Gardening Club usually has a table
there to promote the club and sell t-shirts.There will be music and food and
just a great vibe all day. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww.... who had a broken arm??

My youngest (10) has broken his arm 3 times.. well- 2 for one ar, 1 for the other. He ikes YELLOW casts...

Reading is fun! I can't wait for them to read to ME!

Anonymous said...

What a doll! That is so dear. Enjoy the ag fest...he really is a Farmer Dad, isn't he?

Anonymous said...

Reading is such a wonderful way to spend the day. We are reading a lot of books in the late afternoon right now. I enjoy the reprieve from her constant question "what are we (emphasis on the we) going to do next?" Reading always solves the problem. :)

I haven't had the Shirley Hughes books out of the library for a long time. I'm going to check them again.

I think we are going to have buy Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs? It really is a gem. Did you buy the Hiking Boots book? Our library did have it but I didn't like it as well as the Kiss Frogs book.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Angela, and yes, he wishes he could "farm", but we are more "small scale gardeners" with our little yard.He does have a "community garden" plot this year too, so he can grow more tomatoes! lol
Nina, we have not purchased either book, but I do have them on my list-
they are so cute!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .