Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Earth Day!!




The past three days have been just lovely here in the Garden State
and Princess and I have been out enjoying it! Friday found us
playing with friends at a birthday party for one of her very good
friends (and mine).It was so nice to go to a child's party that was
so down to earth and truly family friendly. So often today they are
3 ring circuses that even the children can't really enjoy for all the stress!
(Now picture me jumping off my soap box)
Saturday was just about perfect here.Farmer Dad planted the seedlings
that were ready for our little garden plot, mostly the chards,chois,mustard greens and lettuces.
Princess and I read and played on her swing set and watched him start seeds for tomatoes.
32 varieties so far.For those of you who don't know us personally, Heirloom Tomatoes are
a family passion around here! Princess and I spent a great deal of time discussing which outside
play things we will sell to help finance and make room for her Butterfly Garden.She has outgrown many
of them.Today we planted a few annuals and some strawberries in our strawberry pots and did just a bit
of weeding. In honor of Earth Day we cleaned out the birdbaths and feeders and refilled them.
Our cherry and plum trees are finally blooming, our pear is at it's peak already! It really feels like spring here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a happy note in your voice. I am glad you enjoyed the weekend. The tomatoes sound yummy. I totally agree with you about children's birthday parties.

Unknown said...

what lovely weather! it looks nice there. Greatgarden! I hope we can do one this year.... ahh for an extra 2 days each week!

Anonymous said...

How lovely! I do hope you know I am going to have to make the drive once the tomatoes are all thriving. I've always wanted to learn more about heirlooms! I am so glad you have been out enjoying the weather...

Patricia said...

I am sooooo jealous. I would love to have a garden. Some of my favorite memories are eating the sweet peas right out of the garden.
:)

Garden State Kate said...

Hi Gals,
Thanks Nina..it was great!
I really missed being outside.
Kimberly,
I know what you mean about the time..lucky for me Farmer Dad has
a "gardening addiction" so I never
have to lose it because I run out of time, in this one thing..he picks up the slack ;-)
Angela,
I'd be delighted and so would Farmer Dad..he loves "talkin' maters" !
Pattey,
I'll let you know when the peas are
ready, and you can bring the twins
and show them how to pick them off the plant!!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .