Instructions for today's experiment:
clear plastic jar(s)
presoaked bean or corn seeds
What to do:
- Stuff a clear plastic jar with paper towels.
- Add enough water to dampen all of the paper towels.
- Have the child "plant" the seeds in between the clear jar wall and the paper towels so they are visible from the outside.
- Watch the jar for the next week,look for root development and keep the paper towels damp.
- After some root growth,turn the jar upside down and watch for several more days , the roots will change direction to continue growing down.