Thursday, April 5, 2007

I can see clearly now...

the rain is gone.The sun is shining, but it is still very chilly here.
Our poem of the day comes from Read Aloud Rhymes for the Very Young by Jack Prelutsky

SUN AFTER RAIN

Rain,rain,
went away.
Sun came out
with a pipe of clay,
blew a bubble
whole-world-wide,
stuck a rainbow
on one side.

Norma Farber

Princess and I will be doing a bit of school today. She asked me last night why we had no school
"all week". She misses school just awfully (her words..not mine).I had planned to have a very
simple week with no real plan other than books to read,because we had so many activities planned with friends off from school. I will have a craft for her today to go with her books.
I think next year I will ask her Bubbe to come over and show her how to make matzo balls.
I could do it, but she was asking to have her Bubbe come like in the book Matzo Ball Moon by Leslea Newman and Elaine Greenstein.The closest we have is my Dad's wife, so I will ask her to do it.
Princess does not call her Bubbe, but maybe she will now.I say the "closest", because she is not a
"little gray haired Grandma" like in the book. She is early fifties and blond.But we can make it work.
;-)

3 comments:

Wisteria said...

I would miss school too, if I had all those fun crafts and well thought lessons to amuse me.

We loved Jack Prelutsky's Read Aloud Rhymes

Anonymous said...

I am imagining her saying "just awfully" like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Wisteria!
LOL Nina, I never made the connection! Thanks!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .