Monday, April 2, 2007

It's National Children's Book Day!



We will be visited today by our good friends,
who are on Spring Break.They read quite well,so Princess has a
big pile of books picked out for them to read to her.
Some of them are pictured on the left, but there are many more to be enjoyed.
I urge you to pick up a stack of children's books today and read to
or with your children.

Another poem for Poetry Month:

By Marchette Chute

Showers

Squelch and squirt and squiggle,
Drizzle and drip and drain-
Such a lot of water
Comes down with the rain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good books and big kids to read to Princess! I hope the day went well. I love visitors who can read to Citcat!

How did you like Banjo Granny? I need to order One Bean by Anne Rockwell. I'm not sure if I've read it.

Cute poem. I just might add a poem to some of my April posts. The weather is so nice today and tomorrow that I haven't even thought about a post to write. Maybe toinght.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Nina! We had a blast!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .