Saturday, April 7, 2007

Fun Filled Friday!




We did something this Friday we have never done before...we
had 3 different events and we attended them all! Friday morning
we went to see Sesame Street Live at one of our local theaters
with some friends..we go every year and Princess loves it!
OK, to be honest..so do I. ;-) I was a Sesame Street kid and
it reminds me of the happier parts of my childhood.
We were lucky enough to have my niece drop us off and pick us
up, so I had none of the usual parking hassle to contend with.
We came home, changed and drove over to the home of one
of our play group friends for an Easter Egg Hunt...also a great time.
Then we came home for a couple of hours,Princess played piano
with Farmer Dad and we told him how our day went and then back out
the door to attend a free concert by one of our favorites..Mr Ray.
We met up with a group of friends and had pizza and sang and danced.
Princess got his autograph, but she would not stand next to him for a picture.
She also told him she has cousins in England and would pass on the info that he was
going to be in London for a couple of shows soon.He is such a nice guy and so warm with all the kids who approach him- he really deserves all his success.If you are in the London area be sure to
check out his web site for information on his shows there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I am sure Princess slept well after that!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a fun day. Aren't you brave? I have a hard time accomplishing one outside activity in a day. The photo of Princess watching the show is so happy. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

sarah said...

Wow, so much fun. Congratulations on raising a child who can stay composed and well-behaved after all that excitement!

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Gals,
Princess and I both slept really well that night, but we had so much fun
that I'm glad I didn't make her miss any of the three, as I normally keep
our excursions much more limited.
Patience...I'm laughing, because I don't usually consider Princess composed, or well behaved, but as I read your comment and think back to the day, she really was!
I often forget she is only 4 and expect much more "grown up" behavior from her.

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .