Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Rainy Day



Rainy Day


I do not like a rainy day.
The road is wet,the sky is gray.
They dress me up,from head to toes,
In lots and lots of rubber clothes.
I wish the sun would come and stay.
I do not like a rainy day.

by William Wise


Princess and I went to our friend's house Yesterday to make Easter eggs
and play with their new puppy.The weather was too beautiful to stay inside.
This week our schooling has been relaxed and containing more
reading books and free art than anything else.I'm allowing us our own
"Spring Break".Today it is gray and raining so we will stay inside and
read and play while catching up on our laundry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's what we did, read books and caught up on laundry. We have had a relaxed HS week mostly because we are having a bit of adoption baby drama. Problems and concerns. I can't wait to bring this baby boy home and figure out how best to parent him. The week so far has been a blur of concerns and park days. The weather has been too nice to stay inside until today.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes that is just what is needed. When mine were little, we had a few breaks a year, as MaMa needed them to prepare for holidays and such. Little ones, up to 3rd grade, often just need a day to not focus. We have a tradition called "Pajama Days" when we would stay in pjs, snuggle together and read or watch videos. We never failed to recharge and regroup!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

I love those days. It has started to get nice here so alot of time at the park with the neighbors.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Gals!
Nina..I hope all goes well on your end!
Angela..we love having pj day!
That is pretty much what we did Yesterday too.
Yas...that explains why you haven't
been blogging!lol

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .