Friday, April 13, 2007

When you leave your children with your husband...

do you come home to an enormous mess? I went to the library
last night after dinner and then stopped in at my Aunt's house
to pick up Princess's shoes which we left there on Easter.
As I was leaving they called requesting that I stop off to pick up a snack
on my way home. I was so happy I wasn't getting a teary "where are you?"
call, that I said I would and when I got home a little while later, I walked into
a disaster area! Farmer Dad had unlocked the arts and crafts
supply cabinet and there was stuff all over the kitchen and the living room
was filled with almost every toy we own. They were happily ensconced
on the couch watching The Living Planet when I walked in and I almost walked
back out. Does this happen to anyone else? I should have taken a picture, but
I never would have posted it.Too embarrassing!They ate, watched some more of the program.,
and he went to bed. Just like that...he went to bed.So much for all the stress relief I got enjoying
my quiet time at the library!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, my wonderful dh does the same thing. Remember the picture of our messy playroom. The mess happened when one little girl played while daddy worked on the computer. He also lets her snack like crazy which drives me nuts.

But I have to tell you, I would take the quiet time at the library over a neat house. I love getting out of the house for a little bit.

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Oh it happens over here as well. At least he knows why the house gets that way when he gets home. He can see it happening before his eyes. LOL last time I left him, dd was changed into a different outfit and I thought how sweet. He said I changed her into her jammies. Well later I found her clothes soaked. LOL I asked him and he said, "Oh yeah, she got a hold of a cup of water that was on the table. " I thouhgt ahhh that is why he chnaged her LOL.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Gals,
Always good to hear I'm not alone!
;-)

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .