Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Listen My Children And You Shall Hear

Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere...
so said Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
We will be reading it today to celebrate
the birthday of Paul Revere, born on January 1,1735.
We are reading the version that is graved and painted by
Christopher Bing.
We will also look at this website
for more information about the man.

Right now Princess is enjoying her first day of t.v.
without Farmer Dad trying to change over to CSPAN,
and I am enjoying having the computer all to myself.
I will be starting a batch of cupcakes right after breakfast
so we can celebrate after school, which we decided will take place
while Little Man naps today so she can watch the tube this morning,
or just run around like a nut without hearing "be careful" and "what are you doing?"
LOL. It has been a long three weeks and as much as we love him, we were ready for
him to go back to work.
I promise to post pictures later today of all we do.

Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

Cher Mere said...

Happy New Year.

I am glad or you that you got your house back. :)

Mrs. Darling said...

Yep my husband has been home since the 19th because of surgery. Im ready for him to go back to work on the 7th so I can find my groove again! LOl

Angela said...

Oh, the glorious freedom of sending the menfolk back to work and reclaiming our domain! Enjoy!

Garden State Kate said...

Oh yes, it was nice.
I will post a couple of pictures when
my batteries are done charging.

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .