Wednesday, January 23, 2008

National Popcorn Day !




January 22,2008 we celebrated National Popcorn Day.
I have found several different days listed as National Popcorn Day,
but since there is no historical reason to be all that specific about the date,
today works for us.If you would like some lesson plan ideas, or other info about popcorn,
including a book list check out this site.
Princess and I will also be reading If You Bring a Mouse to the Movies and
The Popcorn Book

For a craft we will glue popped popcorn onto paper to make a picture or sculpt
it..I'll leave that up to Princess.I will post pics when I have time.....

Edited to add: I completely forgot to post this....

6 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

Sounds like a great day. Our popcorn day turned out pretty good. I still have to post about it. I will try to get to that later tonight. Thanks again for the help on themes. Sam has been asking if anything is coming up on the next day. He is having a lot of fun with it, so thanks.

Cher Mere said...

well, that is a good excuse to eat popcorn. :)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

We popped some popcorn :)

Naomi said...

If it were up to the peanut, everyday would be National Popcorn Day in our house.

btw I'm not a big meme person, but I got tagged so now I'm tagging you. It's okay if you don't do it; if I didn't like the person who tagged me I probably wouldn't have done it either : )

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

WE will do popcorn day today. Zachary wants tostring popcorn. lol So I guess that is what we will be doing.

Jenny said...

Oh, I LOVE popcorn! What a great excuse to have some- even if I'm a few days late. I'll be interested to see what P does with her crafting popcorn!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .