Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Red sky at dawn...sailor be warned

Doubt we'll even "school" today as we are still coming out of our fog.
Last night was horrible with coughing until she got sick...sleep talking..
coughing some more..fever....this morning she woke up smiling and no fever.
She is getting ready to take a bath now with some nice menthol stuff to clear
her stuffy nose.Naturally, the weather is grey and gloomy here today...so long sunny warm
weather of Yesterday when we were too sick to enjoy it.(hence the title)
We did play on the porch for a bit..the yard was too wet and Princess had no desire to
actually go outside. My sister picked up a Lego block table from Freecycle and they played
with it after I cleaned everything.I'm not sure who was more tired or cranky out of the three of us.
Hopefully today will be better.The bath is ready, so I must go, then we have some serious laundry to deal with
around here..and coffee..will need coffee today for sure.
I will leave you with another picture of Pumpkin enjoying his "new" tiger chair.Princess has passed it down
to him.

His other favorite spot is now under the computer desk while I type away.
I did take some more pictures Yesterday, I will upload (or is that download?) them
and post when time allows.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know that feeling of fog well. I'm not taking my kids anywhere for fear of getting that sick again. I swear Si has no idea there are other babies in the world.

I hope today gives you the rest you need to feel better. Coffee and cold medicine can be a really delightful combination. ;)

Jenny said...

I'm so glad that P is feeling better this morning. It never ceases to amaze me how long it takes to get over a cold. Cute cat picture- he matches his new chair!

Anonymous said...

Poor princess. I know it is scary and sad when our babies get that sick. I hope she gets better soon.

reprehriestless warillever said...

I'm glad to hear that Princess is feeling a bit better. I hope that you do too!

Pumpkin's chair is wonderful. Princess is generous :)

sarah said...

So glad P is finally feeling better.

Your title was interesting. Here we say "red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning, red sky at night, shepherd's delight."

Garden State Kate said...

Thank you ladies.:-)
We are having a much better day today
and once my headache goes away, I'm sure I'll even enjoy myself.;-)

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Wow, p got pretty sick. Hope you guys get better over there.

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .