Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday catch up....




73 years ago Amelia Earhart flew solo across the Atlantic..we will spend some time learning about this and reading
A Picture Book of Amelia Earhart.
We will also talk about Jupiter's Moons and some other stuff we never got to this week.
Or maybe, we will just play with the wooden blocks we picked up on Freecycle Yesterday.
Did I mention I actually left my house? Princess and I got in the truck and drove a town over,picked up
some blocks and other toys from a very nice lady. We hit the drive thru of McDonalds on the way home and got
some breakfast and coffee (for me) and then we came home.Little Man was very excited to play with some new trucks and Princess spent a lot of time playing with a family set of Mr. Potato Heads...none of these even looked played with. There was even a firetruck, which went well with our "theme".
I did miss my Mom's Night Out though, by the time Little Man got picked up I had such a headache.
I did drop off my library books and pick up two holds.You know I have not been feeling well, when I only have two holds at the library. The ladies behind the desk were even shocked. I'm usually good for at least 10!
I did treat myself to a cappuccino while I read Mother Earth News (we gave up our subscription since the library carries it).I had no real drive to look for new books however (I told you about my headache right?)
Although I did pick up a couple of "be a better parent" books...I really have the best of intentions to read them
too,as well as a murder mystery and some "chick lit".Don't be too impressed, this is what was on the "new shelf"
which is next to our library's cafe area (which is where the magazines are).Quick and painless pick up.
I came home to find Princess and her Dad watching a movie together snuggled up on the couch.
We all headed off to bed when it was over, although when I suggested it to Princess, she said "I'm not tired yet",
put on a new movie while I was getting ready for bed (she was already pj'd,teeth brushed and ready to go)
and promptly fell asleep on the big ugly chair in the living room. I carried her to bed and fell asleep almost immediately myself (despite the cappuccino).
The rain finally came as well, with booming thunder waking me up this morning.
It has stopped now, but it looks dark and gray and cold outside.I'm going to make myself some coffee
and get out our bag for today's lesson. Princess slept almost entirely through the night last night and woke up
clear of eye and fever free for the second day in a row.
I hope you all have a lovely day today, we are going to try.

10 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh I have block envy! And to think you got them free!

Glad youre feeling slightly better. I know what headaches are and Im sending lots of good healing vibes your way. Those things are not fun to deal with!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Reading your post while drinking coffee, made me feel snuggly. It s gray and rainy so a perfect day to stay inside. Boy sometimes I do wish I was a neighbor. P seems to feeling better.

sarah said...

Oh no, you missed your night out! I'm sorry to hear that. But I like the sound of that rain. Princess looks better - still pale, but improved.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day all around. Sorry about your headache. I'm impressed you even went to the library with one. Isn't great to be outside the house after being so sick?

Little Man must be a peach to let P cover him in Little People toys. I'm trying to move away from plastic toys but I have the softest spot for Little People figurines. I buy them individaully on Ebay. I can't even let myself look. lol

Hope you are feeling better today.

Sara said...

I'm glad to hear everyone is starting to feel better. It sounds like a nice break at the library, even with a headache. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the headache. I feel for you.

An alone trip to the library sounds nice though. I should try that sometime.

Gottfredsen said...

I am glad to hear that you guys are getting better. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Ladies...we are feeling a bit better...just wish we were 100% already.

Nina- LM dumped the toys on top of himself..P tried uncovering him and he cried! lol

Cher- yes, you should head over all by yourself and enjoy! ;-)

Garden State Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daphne said...

I am so behind on blog reading! Like Nina, I have a serious soft spot for Little People. I had to swear off them when Soph was little and (in my foolish youth) bought practically every one ever created - those and peek-a-blocks were my serious vice.

I totally feel for you and your headache (though it is old news at this point). I get the worst headaches, I'm pretty sure DH thinks that I make it up just to pawn the kiddos off on him. I find that naps help :) (In a perfect world when sleep is actually possible)

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .