Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows Day!


It has so been decreed that on this day January 30,2008,
we will be celebrating Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows Day
here in our little corner of the Garden State.

Princess asked last night ,"what day is Tomorrow?"
and I replied,"Wednesday".
She rolled her eyes at me and said "I know that, but what day
is it?".."you know, today was puzzle day.."
Oh my..I think I have created a monster.
I told her it was just Wednesday, and asked if she had
a "theme" in mind. "Yes!" she smiled bright "hot cocoa with marshmallows!".
So it shall be Princess.

I will post later on some worksheets and fun stuff I came up with this morning
to go with our new theme. ;-)

Matching the written numbers with the number of cups...


Discussing Full and Empty and Hot and Cold

She decorated a mug picture and colored a large mug..I had to draw all of these free hand, because I couldn't find what I needed online.


I also had her count out little squares of white paper (marshmallows) and add and subtract them to her "cups".
Give every cup four marshmallows..now take away one..how many do you have..etc.
We also had some hot cocoa with marshmallows to drink.

9 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

Sounds Like a wonderful day. Hope you have fun.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Very neat!

Anonymous said...

I love hot chocolate. I wish we could have been there. :) You came up with some great last minute ideas.

Perhaps not a monster but perhaps a child who knows how to have fun. What a great gift.

reprehriestless warillever said...

Too cute.

It is a sit inside and take long naps day here. We usually go to the playground on Wednesdays, but with the "wintery mix" (read as "slush falling from the sky") we decided to stay in.

sarah said...

All I can say is, YUM!

Anonymous said...

wow - very good, especially since it was on the fly. kudos!

Garden State Kate said...

LOL, Thank you all for visiting and leaving such gracious comments.
We had fun and even did a bit of learning. Naturally she wanted some "real worksheets" after Little Man went home, so she did plenty more math and reading too. lol

Anonymous said...

Those are great and fun ideas! I like the theme. My Little Man loves hot chocolate, too.

Naomi said...

it's funny that your princess expects a theme and activities every day while mine wakes up wondering if we're ever going to get out of our pj's and do something. i can't function in this cold weather.

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .