Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hat Day Photos!

Princess did a coloring sheet for Hat Day and designed her own hat,
and drew a self portrait of herself wearing a hat.


Then Little Man arrived and we starting in on some fun "hat" ideas I had.
OK, Truth be told, I had way more ideas for Hat Day than the kiddos
were willing to sit through. They have their own "stuff" to do don't you know.
But here are some pictures of us playing a little "hat" game we made up as we went alongLittle Man had so much fun, but after lunch they watched a mr.ray dvd and he asked for his nap!
All the playing and dancing did it I guess.
After we settled him down on his nap mat with the cats watching from my bed (they like to nap with him)
Princess started doing some math worksheets.

Little Man got picked up early and Princess got really energized to do a whole lot of math worksheets.
I had only planned on her doing one or two.By the time she was done, she had a table full of work.
She did "before and after" and counting and "more and less" as well as "first,second,third,fourth and fifth".
Then she spent some time on the computer playing on the Highlights and poisson rouge.
before Farmer Dad got home.Here is what some of her work looked like

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your new shelfari. It's really cool.

P seems so outgoing. Does she ever express a desire to go to school?

Anonymous said...

Princesss and Little Man look so cute in their various hats. You have such great ideas for theme days.

Gottfredsen said...

They look like they had a blast. I was going to something myself for hat day but I have been to busy. I kind of gave the kids a mini vacation this week. Maybe I will back on with all of the themes next week. They have been alot of fun to do.

Garden State Kate said...

D-Thanks!
P is very outgoing, but she prefers
being homeschooled- she heard you have to ask to go to the bathroom. lol She does want to ride the bus though. :-)
Cher- Thanks!!
H- Ooh next week is just filled with "days",lol. I'll e-mail you!!;-)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The kids look darling. Princess looks like she enjoyed her day and learned a lot.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks M! She really likes math and science best!

Jenny said...

What fun they had with the hats! And what a pile of worksheets! I always loved doing them when I was a kid. Your Shelfari is awesome, BTW.

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Wow what a fun day. Zahara would have loved hat day.

Anonymous said...

Great day, it is always good to have more planned than less. P did a great job with all those Math worksheets.

I realized this morning that I hadn't read a post in days and days. I hope all is well with you.

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .