Monday, January 21, 2008

Martin Luther King Jr. Day


Today we are learning about Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
We read the book What is Martin Luther King Jr Day?
and Can You Say Peace? (even though it is meant for World Peace Day)
We checked out some websites too, nobelprize.org
www.stanford.edu
because Princess was interested in seeing and hearing him .
To hear him mlkihaveadream.
I cried, she asked why..agreed it was sad, wanted to know more about why someone
would kill someone...I'm not sure I answered her to her satisfaction, or that I ever could.

5 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

I am sure that you answered fine. Sounds like you had a good day.

Mrs. Darling said...

We didnt do anything in honor of the day. The public schools were out of school for the day so I let my kids go too.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

She does very well with coloring. We didn't do anything today.

Garden State Kate said...

Thank you all for visiting and commenting today.
H- I sure hope so...I didn't expect
so many questions. I honestly thought she would just color the picture while I read to her and then be "done".We did listen to the "I have a dream" speech online because she wanted to "see and hear" him for herself.

Michelle Waters said...

Looks like a great learning day... And what a good little artist she is!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .