Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Teddy Bear Picnic Day!

It is also, so I have read, "Don't step on a bee day".I am not sure if I'll be able to
talk Princess into having a Teddy Bear Picnic today, but we will definitely not
step on any bees today! New Jersey is in the middle of a heat wave and we will be staying
inside.So far we have colored some bee pictures, played with Princess's magnetic dress-up dolls,
read three library books and now she is working in a math work book that she picked out of our
"school" storage cabinet. I need to find a craft to do, she is not interested in any of my craft bags.
Maybe some moon sand or play doh will distract her? Or maybe some clay?
I would like to sit down with my copy of Barbara Kingsolver's Animal,Vegetable,Miracle,
that I finally got from the library after being on the wait list forever...or maybe it just seemed like forever.
Hope everyone out there is staying cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...tell Farmer Dad his daughter needs his attention only and get hide yourself away with that book! Enjoy!

C's Learning Treasures said...

What a fun idea!! I hear you on the heat wave (ugh).

Garden State Kate said...

A- I'm still trying to find time..it's killing me, but for some reason she keeps "needing" me when she sees it in my hand!

O- Thanks, hopefully it cooled off for you like us last night!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .