Monday, November 26, 2007

Long weekend away...

from my blog that is. I have not even checked my e-mail in over 3 days!
Princess and I have been hanging out with Farmer Dad unpacking all the
holiday decorations for what around here is mostly a "Winter Solstice"
celebration. Having grown up with an Italian mother, who was a
practicing Roman Catholic, Christmas was all important.
I am not a practicing Roman Catholic, but must say I hang on
to many of the traditions that I grew up with.
One of them was to start decorating over the Thanksgiving weekend.
I have stuff all over my dining room table as I try to remove enough of our regular "stuff"
to make room for the "holiday stuff". Sunday we moved the living room furniture around
so the kids were able to play without knocking over the tree. I hope.
I am hoping to get the bedrooms and porch done by tomorrow and the kitchen done today.
I have a pile of books to blog about (which I will do tomorrow) and need to re-do my Thankful post
to join in on Unplug your Kids group project. I really though I saved it, but it's not here....

5 comments:

Me said...

Sometimes it's good to take a break, I enjoy coming back to read and post all the more when I do. Glad you had a nice weekend, and looking forward to your book post, as always!

Cher Mere said...

I am sure you have a lot of catching up to do.

I hope you take picture of your holiday decorations, I would love to see what you do.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I look forward to seeing your decorations.

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Yes I would love to see the decorations too.

Angela said...

We usually do the same, but this year we seem to be dragging our feet. It was so nice to have a few days away from everything thouhg...glad you were able to relax together!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .