Friday, May 4, 2007

Friday at the Park





Princess and I were up pretty early today
to enjoy a visit with her Grandpa.We haven't seen him as
much as she likes lately due to his illness.
After he left we headed over to a local park for a lovely party
to celebrate Spring with our play group.
The weather was terrific, the food
yummy, and the company even better!
This park has a small "zoo" of rescued animals mostly
deer, but also some birds and goats.
Princess likes the turkey and peacock best.
We returned home in time to meet Farmer Dad and plant
some bean plants in the garden. Princess played about in
her sandbox and then got cleaned up for dinner with her Aunt
and cousin. Farmer Dad and I headed over to the library to look around
at all the changes they have been making lately.
After picking up some books I had reserved along with a stack I found while
touring the changes, we headed home to reunite with Princess.
Farmer Dad read her a couple of the new books while I got dinner ready
and we are hoping to all have an early night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your park! A lake and a zoo!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lovely day. And a date at the library after working in the garden? That man is a keeper!

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks K!
Angela, I'm sure he'll enjoy reading that on Monday,lol.
I sure don't tell him often enough!
;-)

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .