Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What will you remember about today?

Today, as I was surfing the blogosphere, waiting for Princess
to wake up and having my coffee, I came across a nice post
that made me think over at Poohsticks.
Cathy writes about how the stories we tell about our lives
help define the lives we lead, and that we can choose to concentrate
on the good things that happened over the course of a day
instead of the negative. This really resonated with me, because
I want to be better at doing that. Not pretending life is perfect,
but choosing to concentrate on the positive instead of the negative.
So for today, I will concentrate on how much fun we have doing
whatever it is we end up doing, and not on what didn't get done
because my four year old was not cooperative.
I will choose to let go of the traffic on the way to our play date,
and remember instead how much fun we had visiting with friends.
Or at least I will try.
What will you remember about today?

3 comments:

Patricia said...

What will you remember about today?
Ah, I got an extra hour of sleep. The world seems perfect right now! Even though I have to go search for my sons dirty diaper somewhere in the house. I will do it with a smile. :)

reprehriestless warillever said...

I'll remember that F wanted to wear underpants today, not that she has already soiled three pairs.

I will remember that 004's fever is down a bit, not that she is now healthy enough to be a grump.

I will remember that 002 had fun playing Pirates with T this morning, not that they then came to blows.

Or at least, that's what I'll try to remember. Thanks for making me put things in those terms

Garden State Kate said...

LOL,
You gals crack me up!
Yeah F for wearing underpants!
Hope 004 is feeling better and
a message for
002 and T ...ARGH! ;-)
P- hope you found the diaper!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .