Sunday, June 17, 2007

And a Happy Father's Day to you too!



Farmer Dad had a very grumpy day today. Nothing seemed to go his way.
The fascia board material is difficult to cut, difficult to hang alone..
the Groundhog exists...Princess was very demanding of him and constantly underfoot
at the wrong times. A good friend called in the evening to say "Happy Fathers Day" and see
how his day had been, and Princess answered the phone and we heard,"no, he ruined my
perfectly good day". LOL
Here is a favorite recent picture of them together.
Here too, a couple of books we have been
reading, my favorite of the three
is My Father's Hands by Joanne Ryder with beautiful illustrations by Mark Graham
a lovely story about a father teaching his daughter about gardening.
Princess really likes A Perfect Fathers Day by Eve Bunting and Illustrated by Susan Meddaugh
which is a funny story about a little girl
"taking" her Dad out for the "perfect Father's Day", doing all the things she thinks are fun
of course.
We both liked the funny illustrations by Frank Remkiewicz in Jonathan London's Froggy's Day with Dad.
Thanks to Farmer Dad who supports my "book habit" (that is only slightly controlled with frequent trips to our local library and picking up boxes of children's books from Freecycle) and my decision to homeschool our Princess. Without your support I couldn't do what I do.

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I hope her day sitll was enjoyable despite the grumpy incident of dad.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks M, we made the best of it!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .