Saturday, June 2, 2007

Saturday at home...




We stayed home today. Yesterday was filled with running errands and a fun
play date on our friends water slide.Farmer Dad hung out with the guys
down by the lake, and so the girls hung out at home being girlie.
We also had a lot of fun with a HUGE chalkboard I picked up from a lovely
Freecycler. It is 6 foot by 4 foot and Farmer Dad says he can attach it to the wall
in our 3-season porch. My sister's boyfriend came over this morning and he was
teaching Princess how to play
tic tac toe on it. She loves it!
I've spent a lot of time ordering books from the library for this month and working on our
"craft bags" for the month.
These really come in handy when I
have a chore I need to get done
without the help of my 4 year old.
It is also good to have on hand when Farmer Dad is going to be taking care
of her on his own and she says
" I need to do a craft".
Especially since last time
that happened I came home to the art supply cabinet open and a HUGE mess!
I'm going to mark certain bags "work on this with Dad" for just such occasions.
Here are some pictures of Princess playing with her friend and cleaning radishes she picked in the garden
in the evening.

2 comments:

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

I would give anything to have fresh radishes. Yum!!! And that slide, wow what fun. Summer has arrived woohoo!!!!

Garden State Kate said...

Hey Yaz, stop on over I'll have them nice and chilled! ;-)

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .