Monday, June 18, 2007

International Picnic Day!



Today is International Picnic Day, so we will be reading
about picnics and hopefully doing a craft or two about
picnics, and for dinner, we will go on a picnic!
If you would like another great site for ideas just click here.
It wouldn't be Monday if I didn't post about a few books we're reading
right now.

Here are some great "picnic" themed books:

We're going on a Picnic by Pat Hutchins
very cute story about Hen,Duck and Goose looking for a good picnic spot
because ,"It's such a lovely day!"

Picnic at Mudsock Meadow by Patricia Polacco
This book is about the kids of Mudsock Meadow and their annual Halloween picnic.
Princess enjoys Halloween, so the seasonal difference was fine with her.

The Rattlebang P I C N I C by Margaret Mahy with pictures by Steven Kellogg
a really fun story filled with great illustrations..made us want to get into our old rattlebang
and find a good picnic spot!

The BEST Picnic Ever by Clare Jarrett
has wonderful illustrations done in colored pencil and a lively story about what happens when a little boy goes to the park with his Mom for a picnic and says" I wish I had someone to play with"....
Now I need to go pack up our picnic basket ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Picnic Day! Now I have heard of everything! I will have ot surprise the kids by planning one for us tomorrow afternoon. A lovely idea indeed!

Hey, I could bring my speedy rodent hunting dogs over to take care of the groundhog. Last week they wrestled up a chipmunk and two rabbits. Of course, they only think they are playing with them, but inevitably break their backs and I often have to finish the job! We have now started ringing a cow bell when we let them out so the rabbits run!

Garden State Kate said...

LOL, Angela.
If I could figure out when he will show up the doggie visit would be great! Of course you are always welcome ..we'll picnic under the cedar trees. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh it has been over a week since I bookmarked a book to order. Thanks for presenting me with the opportunity. :) I bookmarked the Pat Hutchins book because I like some of her other books. I hope your picnic went well.

Garden State Kate said...

Hi Nina- so glad you "came up for air",lol. I know by this time next year you will be having a great picnic with Cit Cat and Si..and most of the sleepless nights will be behind you!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .