Monday, January 29, 2007

Snowdays and Mondays

We awoke today to about and inch or two of freshly fallen snow.
It was lovely, but too powdery to build anything with.
Princess ran around in it and made snow angels.
We stayed outside for about 30 minutes and my nose was numb.
We decided inside was nice too.Mmm hot cocoa with whipped cream.
Now we are heating up left over pizza and playing.
We are calling it an official snow day which means we can amuse ourselves inside however we want. Princess had a "play date" with Cookie Monster
and Cat in a Hat while I got the pizza ready. They went to bounce on Mars
(our couch) and had a lovely time.After lunch we are finger painting.
The box of blocks has made its way to the living room and it's quite possible
that Barbie will come out to play as well.
I hope you all find a way to enjoy the day with your little ones.
If you are using a "lesson plan" drop it today and just play.
Really, you'll both (or all) learn something I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of warm snuggly days at home. I have heard other home school families call "Sun days" when it is too nice to be inside. I imagine that we will home school year around so that we can take advantage of both sun days and snow days.

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .