Thursday, January 4, 2007

My homeschool friends and I have been talking about how our kids have dealt
with the deaths of Grandparents, and pets today.
Then as I was getting ready to write my post, my phone rang and I heard the news that a very good friend of ours lost his Dad.
And his children have lost their Grandfather.
We have been talking about loss a lot lately as
Princess's "Poppa" has been on hospice care for
a few weeks now. Our friend's Dad has been sick with kidney disease
for a while as well. His transplant was not successful and he left his hospital
Monday (as did my Grandpa).Last night he died at home in his sleep.
We will try to be there for his family and try to explain his passing to Princess
who knew and liked him as well.

1 comment:

AmySue said...

Hi Kate - your blog is looking wonderful! Hang in there while you are going through this difficult time - we are all here fo ryou if you need us!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .