Monday, October 8, 2007

Kindergarten Day 6





Today for Columbus Day, Princess colored
a picture of Christopher Columbus while I read
Follow the Dream by Peter Sis. (previous post has link) We talked about how people thought the world
was flat back then and traced his voyage on our world map.
When Farmer Dad got home she told him a little bit about
what she learned and I was pretty impressed that she got
so much out of the little "lesson".
Of course it probably stuck because he was looking for China.
lol She still loves China.I cut out her Columbus figure and we taped
his body together, Princess would not stick with the all brown I told her to use
for his outfit...his outfit is more like the "coat of many colors", and although she did the
connect the dots for the Nina, she had no interest in drawing the Pinta or the Santa Maria.
We also tried to paint using zinnias, but it did not come out the way we wanted.
Naturally, I'll post a couple of pictures.Including one of her playing the mandolin
on the porch.Princess also played soccer with her Dad outside
and made him a necklace and they played some board games.

6 comments:

Angela said...

It is a shame you don't have to report in the garden state. You could just print out your blog and hand it in as a portfolio!

Glad things are going well!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

She looks super cute playing the mandolin.

It looks like it was a fun day and her Christopher Columbus came out very nice.

C's Learning Treasures said...

What a fun theme day!

She does such a great job coloring for her age:)

Mrs. Darling said...

Once again it looks like you've had an exciting and fun day.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous mandolin! I'm glad you included the fact that you cut out the figure of Columbus. You know me always stressing about scissor skills. lol. I love it when information sticks.

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks Angela...I always think the opposite..good thing I don't have to report.
M- she was very proud of him..and loves her mandolin.

LWO- She was pretty slapdash at the end..Dad got home for lunch.

Nina- that is why I got stuck cutting him out,lol. Normally I let her do it now, we just tape if she cuts something off.;-)

Mrs D- thank you we try to have fun.

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .