Monday, October 1, 2007

Kindergarten Day 3






Today is National Home Baked Cookie Day,
so in honor of that we read If you give a Mouse a Cookie
and used some cut out pictures of cookies to count.
I wrote the numbers 1-12 on a piece of paper and Princess put the correct number of cookies next to the corresponding number.
Then she colored a picture of Mouse from the
series web site (see previous post for link).
After breakfast she "read" to Mouse and Cookie Monster
while I cleaned up in the kitchen. We sorted some laundry
and folded some laundry and then we baked chocolate chip cookies. Princess really likes to bake, so I had her do most of the "work".
We read a couple more books while we waited for the cookies to come out
of the oven and then we had some milk and cookies. Princess colored a Jack o' Lantern
to add to our Halloween decorations and then did some drawing while I cleaned up from
our baking. Now she is having a good time playing with Cookie and Mouse while I download the pictures
and write this up. This afternoon we are planning on bringing up our Halloween and other Autumnal decorations
from the basement.Dinner will be homemade pizza that we started while we did the cookies (we already had the flour open).

9 comments:

chanale said...

Wow, that's a whole lot of baking for one day! And quite a delicious math lesson for Princess, I'm sure. :)

Gottfredsen said...

I would have loved to bake some cookies with the boys today, but the water restriction (I have to boil water to wash all the dishes) Do you think it would bad if I picked a day next week to make the cookies :) Oh I love the picture of P at the table with cookie monster looking on. I think he wanted to eat her school work. LOL

Daphne said...

You guys always have so much fun! I wish Sophia wasn't allergic to the world, making cookies isn't so much fun for us as it is complicated! *sigh* in time. It's awesome that she's so helpful too! It definitely looks like all the dough is staying in the mixing bowl! I should have taken a picture of our cheesecake making, I think we even had some filling on our baseboards.

Mrs. Darling said...

Looks like fun! Our Monday cooking class was today and the girls made spaghetti.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

She looks so content and involved in what she is doing. I think that is lovely lesson.

Sha said...

Looks like a great day 3! I totally wish I had known yesterday was home baked cookie day. I need to keep better track of those things. :-)

Garden State Kate said...

Hi Chanale- It is finally getting cooler here, so we bake as much as we can!

Oh Heather- ((hugs)) that water boil thing is such a pain..hope it's over soon! You'll just have to give the boys a "raincheck" lol

Daphne- LOL, I can picture it!
P is pretty good "mess" wise, but keep in mind she's older and the more you do it ,the easier it gets!

Mrs D- I'd love to be in on your cooking classes!

Thanks M! She does love to cook and/or bake, and she was very happy to have her "friends" with her during "school" lol

Shauna- surprise them with a "raincheck" this week! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, why have I never heard of home baked cookie day??? What an excellent holiday to observe. It looks like you had lots of fun :)

Anonymous said...

These are the sweetest pix, Kate, I love them!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .