Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Kindergarten Day 4

Yes, we are busy learning here in the Garden State,
fear not. Today FARM ANIMAL DAY.
So we are reading our current library book
copy of Henny Penny (see previous book post)
and a stack of
Doreen Cronin's from our home collection.
CLICK,CLACK ,MOO Cows that type
Giggle Giggle Quack
Duck for President
and Dooby Dooby Moo
We will probably read some DUCK ON A BIKE
by David Shannon
as well. It is always a fave around here,
and almost always requested after the Doreen Cronin's books.
Princess did some coloring of farm animal pictures, we talked about
what animals are called "farm animals"
and why. I was surprised that she already knew this...why I don't know.
She counted corn and did a fun maze "worksheet" and some "which picture is different"
papers that were farm themed (this was just for fun).We had some interesting discussion about
politics thanks to Farmer Dad's talking to the t.v. at night and reading Duck for President.
We also decorated the house a bit for Autumn/Halloween and looked at some Halloween
themed books and Halloween Cook books as Princess would like to have a Halloween party this year.
She is watching a Max and Ruby Halloween DVD now while having a snack.
I think we are going to scrap the rest of my plans and get outside today to play a bit instead while
it is still so lovely out. I know I have errands to run, but I'm not really in the mood to leave the house today,
so maybe tomorrow.After we play outside I think we'll bake some more!I'll post pictures later on.

6 comments:

Daphne said...

I find that running errands on days when its nice out usually ends in disaster. We ran errands today... disaster. What started as a great day ended in a crying Sophia and a cranky me. We should have kept on swinging instead.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Ami had a little friend in her preschool class that loved, loved, loved that book. I remember Ami reading it to her and they had a good giggle.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Duck on a Bike!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your farm animal day lesson plan! The Cronin books are so funny, for adults as well as kids. I laughed at how you were able to tie in a discussion of politics "thanks to Farmer Dad's talking to the t.v. at night and reading Duck for President!"

Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your solution to the "Great Candy Dilemma." Using the excess candy for a gingerbread house is a wonderful idea, and a Gingerbread House Party sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you will post more about that.

Mrs. Darling said...

When yor done baking I could sure use some help over here. LOl I need to bake and jsut cant get at it! Sounds like you had a great day!

Garden State Kate said...

D- I'm so with you on that!

M- It still cracks us up!!

M.U.- I will definitely keep you posted on the "Gingerbread House Party"...it was fun last year and we're hoping to expand this year.

Mrs D- If only I were on the same side of the country..lol.

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .