According to my friend,Wendy,
I have won this honor.
But wait, there are rules....
Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
OK, Just one?Those of you who know me in real life undoubtedly have your own list!A BIG one for me....Princess watches a lot of TV. Maybe not a lot by American standards,but a lot by mine. Not all bad, but Cartoon Network? Not my proudest Mom moment.I allow it, because it is easier. That's right, not because I don't think it's a big deal,but because it is easier to allow it than to fight it. I try to tell myself that it gets balanced out with good living books, and quality time outdoors, but it still bothers me. ~ There. Done.
Next....Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
Just seven? OK..
- Princess sings all the time...I love it (it's filled with joy)
- Her laugh is like love..pure love.
- She writes love notes to all her friends and family..all the time.(if you have not received them,it's because I don't mail them)
- We love to cook together.
- She loves books! (just like me)
- She can NOT resist moving to music.
- I love running on the beach with her..wind in our hair..sand between our toes.
Send this to seven other Moms of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
This is even more difficult than admitting a crummy Mommy moment (although this blog is filled with evidence of them).Just 7?(I would have sent it to Wendy,but she got me first!)
- My real life friend, Angela. She is so calm and I want to be her. Her children are walking advertisements for her good parenting skills! She is also fun to be with.
- Mrs. W. Her children are loved so well...that is what parenting is all about.
- Cher . I love the way she puts so much thought into her daughter's education.
- Mariposa..do I need to say more? I know she does not care for these type of things, and I don't expect her to play along, but I could not complete this list without mentioning her.She makes me want to be a better parent.
- Patrice ..oh to live near her would be delightful, and maybe I would learn to sew.
- Nina. I could wax poetic, but I will just say that there are few people I would rather share a cup of coffee with than Nina. I would love to meet up at my local library (or hers) and just sit on the floor in the children's section going through the stacks finding great books.Geeky?Maybe, but by would we get a bunch of great book posts out of that!
- Heather.It is hard to imagine that Heather and I have never met in "real life".Her boys are Princess's friends, they write to each other, and she talks about them like they live around the block. She is always coming up with new ways to teach them something while making it fun.
Now, go pass it on! Thanks again Wendy..so sorry it took me so long to act on it!