Thursday, October 23, 2008

The play date that wouldn't end....

Peanut came over to spend the day with us Yesterday.
The two girls usually get along, so I didn't expect a bad day,
but it went better than I thought it would. They literally played
without a fight, or tear from 10:30 in the morning until 4:30 in
the afternoon.Here they are crab walking
and then putting on a show for me.


I moved all the furniture back out of the way so they could spread out
with blankets and pillows, and there was much "fort" building.
We had two small tears, and they were good again
(Princess accidentally insulted Peanut's choice in shirts).
Princess apologized, Peanut dried her tears, we were over it.
The sweet Prince and his Mom stopped by for a cup of coffee,
they all played well together, Farmer Dad came home and the
girls followed him outside

to check on the greenhouse.

We all played
outside until I got too cold,

and once inside we played a board game (Clifford's B-Day game)
and had a snack.Peanut's Mom came, and we could not round up the girls for
her to go home. They were downstairs playing guitars and drums with Farmer Dad,
they were watching a movie he put on for them, finally they came back and they went home.
It was pretty funny, her Mom could have had another hour or two to work on
her kitchen. ;-) Today it will be just me and Princess, until dinner time when Peanut will be back.
Her Mom is getting a rare night out with grown ups and Peanut will have a PJ Party with us.
Princess is really looking forward to it. I hear tell, there will be baking. ;-)

10 comments:

Sandra Lundy said...

Looks like a fun day!

p.s. I mailed your pkg on Tue...so it should be there soon! :)

Frankie said...

What a fun day! I'm glad they got alon together so well. I bet they'll have fun tonight!

sarah said...

Glad it all went well. Hope you're taking vitamins - sounds like a long day for Mama! ;-)

reprehriestless warillever said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

rae said...

Oh, Kate. It sounds like Princess is progressing through that phase you've talked about. That's such a great feeling, isn't it?

These days of fun are the ones we remember years later!!

Tara said...

Wowza... that is a long time for cooperative play!!
I'm glad the girls had fun together:)

Wendy said...

Ohmigosh, how cute is that???

I need to find playmates for my son; I don't want a younger one, but I may have to accept a 3 year old daughter of a friend, or a 4 year old daughter of a neighbor if I can't find any homeschooled boys of 6 or 7 soon!

It's just great to see kids playing together.

Of course, we share the same weather, you and I. And I'm definitely all for playing outside until it gets to cold! Then it's time for hot chocolate. Mmm, mmm, good!

Gottfredsen said...

Hey I am glad that you had such a great playdate. I love the picture of their little routine. It looks fun. Oh yeah I updated the facts if you want to look again.

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

I love when everyone just plays and gets along. I have alot of readng to do on your blog :)

Jenny said...

P is so lucky to have so many nice friends to come and play with her. I LOVED the shot of the two of them putting on the show- too bad you didn't get any audio! :o)

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .