Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Homeschool Group

We had a nice visit with our homeschool group on
Tuesday. The girls dressed up and put on a play and
fought a bit, and made up and built castles with blocks
and nurtured each other and tormented each other.
The Moms discussed curriculum for the coming school year
and various changes in our lives and our fears and hopes,
and it was nice to be with women who understand.
We will hopefully be starting Real Science for Kids together
on August 19th. We also discussed birthday party plans..
all our girls are born in September. What are the odds?
I will get all my other plans together before then and post them here.
Despite my great fear of judgment and ridicule. ;-)
With the exception of adding Real Science, I don't think we will change much
of what or how we do things here for 1st Grade, I still prefer putting my own
curriculum together.Princess is excited to do "science" with her friends.
August will remain "summer vacation" here in the Garden State Homeschool
at least until the 19th. I am hoping we will get more days down the shore,
more fun in the sun, and a nap or two. OK, truth be told,I am still not feeling 100%.
I tire easily and feel a bit "weak".The tomatoes are starting to come in from the garden,
so I will get loaded up with their vitamin goodness and feel my old self again soon.

9 comments:

Sara said...

Oohh, that could be a fun joint birthday party! The girls look adorable in that picture.

Unknown said...

so much fun! I wish we had a great homeschool group here!

reprehriestless warillever said...

It looks like you have a great group there. Lucky you!

Fresh vegetables should do the trick. Everyone is under the weather here, and the weather isn't making things any better -- it feels like it has been raining for a month! To get everyone busy this morning, we made zucchini bread with a just-picked specimen.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, there would never be judgement or ridicule. You are giving P the best childhood and education a kid could want. I'm looking forward to your plans.

And BTW, you excel at birthday plans. I wish I could give Cate a birthday party as fun and well attended as P's 5th birthday.

Take it easy today. :)

Jennifer said...

I want fairy wings! Sparkly ones!

Garden State Kate said...

Aw gals...((BIG HUGS))
Yes, we've been lucky to find this group of Moms and kids.

Zilla..we've got extras if you want to come play.;-)

Cher Mere said...

What a nice homeschool group. I am so glad you found some moms who understand.

I am looking forwards to reading about your curriculum.

Wendy said...

I'm quite jealous of your homeschool group! We have one here that NEVER meets, except for cliquish folks.

Your homeschool group sounds great, and I am glad your daughter is excited about sharing her education with them. I am glad for you that you have a good group of people with whom you can share your journey!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Love the fairy wings. I am in love with fairies. :)

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .