Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday Book Post is Back!

I have been slacking around here, but I am
going to try to make it up to you..

Croco'nile
Princess loves all things Ancient Egyptian, so
this was a nice treat.The story is about a brother and sister
who stow away on a sailboat allowing them all
sorts of adventures.There are also ten hieroglyphic messages
hidden in the book and a key to decipher them

in the back of the book. Princess has been enjoying the challenge.


Outside and Inside WOOLLY MAMMOTHS
Princess has had this thing for woolly mammoths
for a while now, so this book fit the bill for her "fix".
She really enjoyed seeing how technology is helping the
scientists to figure out the cause of their extinction.


BIG BAD BUNNY
Princess thought this book was really funny.
Big Bad Bunny takes something from everyone,
then he has to give it all back and say he is sorry.
We really liked the ending.


Dear Deer a book of Homophones
This
is a great picture book to introduce children to homophones.
Princess especially liked
The DOE KNEADED the DOUGH because she NEEDED the dough.
I promise to work on my updating frequency..so much to share...pictures
and ideas to post....I'll be back.

4 comments:

Michelle Waters said...

My girls also LOVE ancient Egypt. I'll have to check out the Croco'nile book - sounds fun.

Cher Mere said...

Princess's hair looks darker in her new picture.

Gottfredsen said...

Yeah we are going to have to chack out the Croco'nile book to. Sam is a huge ancient egypt fan and he is getting Gabe into it.

Garden State Kate said...

I hope you all like the Croconile book. :-)

C- yes, I'm not sure why..she looks the same in real life, but I think it was just dark in the room...?
;-)

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .