Saturday, December 8, 2007

Weekly Kindergarten Re-cap















This week got a little bit off track when my Father ended
up in the hospital with a minor heart attack.
He is still in and may be catheterized on Monday,
but is doing OK. ((Big Thanks)) to our good friend
Miss Nurse for checking on him during her break at work!
We did get some school in this week, reading, maths,













science,
we talked about Hanukkah and St Nicholas and Pearl Harbor
and the types of homes people and animals live in (Roof Over Your Head Day).
We did some crafts and listened to music from around the world and cooked together.


We snuggled up to keep warm as we keep our thermostat set lower
to save our planet and budget.We did laundry and today Princess helped me
clean the bathroom from top to bottom.We talked again about the
importance of taking care of our bodies and not abusing them with things like smoking
(this is big with P. since my father and his mother suffer from emphysema and Poppa died
of lung cancer all brought on by smoking for many years).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, I hope your Dad will be ok! The holidays are hard enough without illness creeping in. It's funny, we have similar convos in our house re: smoking, as both my in-laws died of complications from said activity. Hope next week is better for you!

sarah said...

Thinking of you at this really difficult time.

I love what you do in your kindergarten!

Garden State Kate said...

Thank you both!
I fear we are "lagging" a bit, but
since P turns every day into a learning experience, I'm trying to chill.;-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful week. Sorry about your father.

Cher Mere said...

I am glad to hear dad is doing okay.
I love all the projects you do with Princess.

Angela said...

Oh my! I will keep your father in my prayers. I am so glad things are looking up. You make me long for the simple days when our schoolwork flowed so nicely around themes. Enjoy!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .