Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The well intentioned blogger

...that's me. I have a number of half written posts sitting in my folder, on topics such as books we have been reading, fun we have had, discovery bottles (for Amber and T.),art (Nina)and I just cannot get enough computer time to check my mail, read your blogs, and write my blog. I'm not sure how it happened, but I am now "blog backlogged" and cannot find a way out.
Last night we celebrated my cousin's birthday.
Today we had a play date in the park for an "end of summer" picnic with our play group. It was nice to see
our little group for a while and see how much the little ones have grown since we saw them last.
My house needs a good cleaning and there are tomatoes everywhere waiting to be canned and figs to be picked
and so on, so I have no business being online at all, but I feel compelled to stop in and say I will get those posts out of the folder soon and I will stop by your blogs to read what you are all doing.
I still have pictures to upload, and I will post more here when I get that done.

9 comments:

Cher Mere said...

Hey that is okay. You should always let life get in the way of your blogging. *wink*

Anonymous said...

I,too, hate how life can get in the way of communicating with friends! There are times when I hate to even read posts because I know I have no time to respond properly! Take time to do what you must, and we'll all be here when you get back!

chanale said...

Sometimes when I get way too far behind, I have no choice but to mark everything in Bloglines as read and just start reading only new posts. I hate to do it, but DH gets very testy if things aren't done around here.

reprehriestless warillever said...

I know all about backlogs. I just did the same thing Chanale did -- marked everything as read and start anew. I do still have about 10 "draft" posts, though.....

Daphne said...

Oh dear Kate. I think you and I are on the same page. My garden is no where near as awesome as yours but I have pickling and canning to do, I have 3 days worth of drafted blogs... all unfinished. The only solution is to institute a 30 hour day. So, you are not alone! And though I do enjoy your blog very much - just think it great it will be when you actually have the time to tell us about all the wonderful things that kept you away (I'm not sure that made sense, but it made sense to me!)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am right there with you. But it is colds and sickness and not tomatoes that have me "blogwhelmed." Take care and see you soon.

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

I missed you Kate. I just wish I was near to have some of those canned goodies. What a busy way to start the school year LOL.

Delete said...

I so hear you! Then I feel guilty about not posting and I have to realize where my priorities need to be.

Take care,
Jenny

Jenny said...

Hi Kate,

I know just what you mean- look how long it's taken me to comment on your post! I was out of town for Labor Day weekend, from how far behind I've gotten, you'd think I'd been gone for a month! Just wanted to let you know I feel your pain. Here;s to getting caught up!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .