Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Book,A Craft, and a Plate with Kate


Welcome to this week's edition of A Book, a Craft, and a Plate with Kate This week we read A Summertime Song, painted water colors for our craft,
and made strawberry ice cream for our snack (or plate).
Princess was happy to have a surprise visit from her Nana as we got
started painting in the backyard.















She hung the paintings on the garden fence to dry...







Here is our home made strawberry ice cream....

If you joined in, please put your link
to the blog post here...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to read this book. It looks good. Your garden looks amazing. It must be a lot of work.

Love this idea but I've never been one to partcipatw properly. You know I'm craft challenged. Maybe I will try next week.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love her bouquet paintings. She has a good sense of color.

Toni said...

love the paintings and homemade strawberry ice cream sounds divine and perfect for a princess:-)

Anonymous said...

Very neat idea. Love it. I just came to your blog for the first time. Love this idea. I will so jump in soon.

Cher Mere said...

oh my gosh! I love your pictures, all the crayons and paints and jars and tablecloth... so idyllic.

and I LOVE Princess's paintings. She is very good!

Angela said...

I can't think of a more lovely way to spend a warm summer day! One of our favorite books of all time!

Sandra Lundy said...

homemade ice cream....one of most favorite things!

Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .