Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Craft for Earth Day

I keep intending to post about this craft I came up with for the girls a week or two ago..Decoupage eggs. We have tons of plastic "Easter" eggs around here, and scraps of paper.
I thought we could re-use them and be kind to the Earth and my budget while making a fun
and possibly "keepsake" quality Easter decoration.



To make these you will need





  • white glue (we used about a cup of Elmer's but you can use less)


  • 2 cups of water (separate)


  • paint brushes


  • crayons


  • scrap paper


  • plastic eggs


  • scissors


  • covering for your work surface (optional)


First, I gave the girls scrap paper to decorate with crayons.While they were coloring,



I mixed one cup of the water with one cup of the glue in a glass jar.(the other cup of water was to keep our brushes clean)Once the girls colored the paper, they cut them into small strips of varying sizes.



I liked them at 1 or 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide. We did not measure it,



I just let them cut the paper up.We used a paint brush to apply a layer of glue on the plastic egg, then added a strip of paper at a time, covering it with more glue as we went on. We let them dry and then covered with another layer of glue.





I enjoyed this more than the girls did. Peanut found the glue "icky" and


Princess was not in the mood to follow the craft directions...she wanted to


make them her own way. She is " ..a much better artist than crafter". lol.


I hope if you try this craft at home you will let us know how it went.


Happy Easter!! ((BIG HUGS))KateinNJ



Subscribe Now: poweredby

My homeschool buddies and I are all posting pics of our "home schools" as part of our idea sharing.

Plato said...

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent .