Join me, and watch the documentary on April 14th , host a viewing event with friends/family/colleagues, using the specially prepared viewing guide to spark discussion and action in your local community.http://nokidhungry.teamdigital.com/No_Kid_Hungry_viewer_guide.pdf
I also invite you to post, tweet, pin and email your network about this upcoming screening – all it takes is a click of a button from the documentary home page:www.foodnetwork.com/hungry
As someone who went to bed hungry as a child, I ask you to help me end childhood hunger in America.
- More than 16 million kids in America live in households that struggle to put food on the table. That’s 1 out of 5 kids.
- There were also over 16.4 million children in America living in poverty in 2010. That’s almost 1 million more than in 2009.
- 9.8 million kids get free or reduced-price school breakfast on an averageschool day, more than ever before…but 10.5 million eligible kids go without.
- Only 1 in 7 kids who get free and reduced-priced school lunches receivesummer meals.
- Almost 45 million Americans used SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly food stamps) during 2011. Nearly 75 percent of these are in families with children and more than a quarter are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.